Your privacy is very important to us. At Tech Newscast, we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Cookies & Personal Data
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser and allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting a website. Also, they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
- We don’t collect any personal information from you unless you supply it and we need it (for example, by signing up to our newsletter).
- We won’t share your personal information with anyone else except when required by some third party services who provide services such as sending out our newsletter.
- We don’t store your personal information on our servers except when necessary for the functioning of the website (for example, the information you enter when leaving a comment).
- We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers.
- On Tech Newscast, we use Google Analytics cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
We do not share personal data with Google.
If you don’t want cookies to be stored on your computer, you can delete and disable them. Please check the user guide for your web browser to see how to do this.
Tech Newscast does maintain a newsletter which visitors may sign up for voluntarily using the subscription form in the footer and at the end of blog posts. To subscribe, you must provide your email address via the MailChimp subscription form and confirm subscription using the double-optin form. By subscribing to the Tech Newscast newsletter, you consent to receiving occasional emails from Tech Newscast. Tech Newscast does not share your information.
We use Akismet on Tech Newscast to help prevent spam. Any comments submitted through this service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Tech Newscast also uses Subscribe to Comments Reloaded to manage comment subscriptions. By providing your email address, you consent to receiving new comment or comment reply notifications for the post based on your selection. Your email will only be used for these notifications.
Your Data Rights
If you have signed up to our newsletter, left a comment, or you have an account on Tech Newscast, you are entitled to request a copy of any data we hold about you, and you can ask us to update or correct it if anything is incorrect. You can also request for it to be deleted, unless we are obliged to keep it for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You can request a copy of your data via our contact form.